Setting up to record a Growth Igniters Radio episode using VOIP (voice over internet)
Connecting to our recording session using VOIP will bring higher sound quality to the episode. While it’s a bit more involved than connecting by phone, many guests prefer the benefit of clearer, fuller sound.
Here is a breakdown of the process:
- The recording session will be engineered by Chris Curran, Owner of Fractal Recording — Phone: 973-532-2163; Email: Chris@FractalRecording.com
- Choose a quiet room in which to set up your computer.
- It’s best to connect your computer to your internet modem using an Ethernet cable. This will give a higher speed, more reliable connection to the internet than using a WiFi connection.
- If possible, install the Google Chrome internet browser. It works best if you set it to be your default browser during the recording session. This will let you connect to the recording session via Source-Connect, which Chris will arrange.
- If you prefer not to use the Chrome browser, you can connect to the recording session using Skype. Please contact Chris in advance to let him know your preference.
- Plug a USB microphone-headset into a USB slot on your computer. Many good models exist, including the Plantronics Audio 478 and the Logitech H390 headsets
- Go to your computer’s audio settings controls to set audio input and output to the headset.
- Chris will send you an email invitation with a link to connect to the recording session. Click the link to patch in.
- If you have any questions, or have difficulties connecting, call Chris at : 973-532-2163