What does it take to lead people through unprecedented challenges and opportunities?
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 104. At a unique time in the world, we need to lead ourselves and others to handle strategic pivots at the same time as many people are dealing with the emotional impact of major change. That’s why we’re revisiting a conversation we had in one of our earliest episodes with Dr. Leslie Austin, affectionately known as the “Lion Tamer.”
Leslie is an executive coach, organizational consultant, and psychotherapist with the unique expertise of being able to help companies and individual executives live up to their full potential. She appears frequently in international, national and local radio, television and print media and has an extensive list of media credentials. She is currently a regular guest expert on CNN’s Headline News Network, appearing live most often with Nancy Grace.
In this episode, you’ll gain insights on::
- How to minimize the spread of rumors and misinformation during times of major change
- When and how a CEO should approach emotionally distressed individuals and groups
- Three immediately useful guidelines for leading yourself and others through major change
About Dr. Leslie Austin
About Dr. Leslie Austin
Known to her clients affectionately as “The Lion Tamer,” Dr. Leslie Austin is an executive coach, organizational consultant and psychotherapist with the unique expertise of being able to help companies and individual executives live up to their full potential, working with individuals and teams to effect long-lasting changes in behavior and effectiveness, and communications styles and strategies. She specializes in helping her clients learn to think and behave strategically and ethically while negotiating the often-challenging corporate politics and personalities which dominate their work lives. Her client list includes individuals, small companies, and Fortune 100 companies. Read More about Dr. Leslie Austin
Resources for This Episode
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Guest Leslie Austin: Leading Difficult Star Performers (Episode 4)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s 2016 Holiday Book Pairing − Adapting to Seismic Changes in the Business Environment (Episode 94)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Need to Pivot? Tap Into Your Organization’s Intelligence (Episode 93)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing For Changing Your Game in the Evolving Digital Age (Episode 83)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.