Download and listen-on-the-go to the 1st of 14 special episodes
What does it take to be the disruptor and not the disrupted? This series of special episodes provides clues. Scott and I will be featuring our discussions about best-selling business books as well as our conversations with world-class business authors.
This week we’re featuring 3 pairs of books that challenge us to think differently about ourselves, about others, and about the world around us:
- Exploring the freaky world of behavioral economics: Think like a Freak and Predictably Irrational
- Reframing our challenges and building creativity and collaboration: David and Goliath and Yes, And
- Redefining challenges and opportunities for the future of work: The Second Machine Age and A Whole New Mind
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions is companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career, Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- About Think Like a Freak by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner
- About Predictably Irrational by Dan Arielly
- About David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- About Yes, And by Kelly Leonard & Tom Yorton
- About The Second Machine Age by Erik Brynjolfsson & Andrew McAfee
- About A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for Episode B-1.