Download and listen-on-the-go to the 11th of 14 special episodes
What does it take to be the disruptor and not the disrupted? This series of special episodes provides clues. Scott and I are featuring our discussions about best-selling business books as well as our conversations with world-class business authors. (Links for Episodes 1 through 10 are under “Resources” below).
This week we’re featuring our conversation with Charles Duhigg, a Pulitzer Prize–winning investigative reporter for The New York Times and author of the best-selling books The Power of Habit and Smarter Faster Better (see bio below).
Smarter Faster Better draws on the latest findings in neuroscience, psychology, and behavioral economics – as well as the experiences of CEOs, educational reformers, four-star generals, FBI agents, airplane pilots, and Broadway songwriters.
You’ll gain insights on:
- The underlying principle connecting what it takes to maintain focus, make smarter decisions and increase innovation
- Stories that show how the most productive people view their world, and their choices, in profoundly different ways
- Three immediately actionable tips for being more productive in life and business
About Charles Duhigg
Charles Duhigg is a Pulitzer Prize–winning investigative reporter for The New York Times and author of best-selling books The Power of Habit and Smarter Faster Better. He is a winner of the National Academies of Sciences, National Journalism, and George Polk awards. A graduate of Harvard Business School and Yale College, he has been a frequent contributor or guest on The Colbert Report, NPR’s This American Life, Frontline, and other programs. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two children. (Photo credit: Elizabeth Alter) Read More about Charles Duhigg
Resources for This Episode
- Read about Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business
- Read about The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Listen to previous episodes of our special summer series on “Being the Disrupter and Not the Disrupted”:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing for Thinking Differently (Episode B-1)
- Guest Terence Mauri: Winning in the Age of Disruption: Secrets of the Leader’s Mindset (Episode B-2)
- Guest Judith E. Glaser: Accelerating Trust Through Conversational Intelligence (Episode B-3)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairings for Increasing Innovation (Episode B-4)
- Guest Ron Friedman: The Secrets of Becoming The Best Place to Work (Episode B-5)
- Guest Whitney Johnson: How Constraints Can Boost Your Innovation and Growth (Episode B-6)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam and Scott’s Book Pairings for Inspiring Resilience (Episode B-7)
- Guest Karen Tiber Leland: How CEO Branding Can Give You a Competitive Advantage (Episode B-8)
- Guest Ken Lizotte: Three Reasons CEOs Should Get Out and Speak (Episode B-9)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Two Must-Read Books for Winning in the Digital Age (Episode B-10)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.