Download and listen-on-the-go to the 12th of 14 special episodes
What does it take to be the disruptor and not the disrupted? This series of special episodes provides clues. Scott and I are featuring our discussions about best-selling business books as well as our conversations with world-class business authors. (Links for Episodes 1 through 11 are under “Resources” below).
This week we’re featuring our conversation with returning guest Jim Blasingame, “The Small Business Advocate”, about how small and large businesses can more effectively collaborate to create maximum customer value.
Jim is the author of the best-selling book The Age of the Customer®—Prepare for the Moment of Relevance. He is also the creator and award-winning host of the nationally syndicated weekday radio program, The Small Business Advocate Show® with Jim Blasingame. [Read more about Jim below]
You’ll gain insights about:
- Emerging trends in strategic partnering between smaller companies and larger companies
- How smaller companies can create a higher level of strategic relationship with larger partners
- Three actionable tips for increasing the effectiveness of large-company / small-company partnering
Jim Blasingame, one of the world’s foremost experts on small business and entrepreneurship, is the creator and award-winning host of The Small Business Advocate® Show, the world’s only weekday radio talk show dedicated to small business, nationally syndicated since 1997. As of October 2015, his third book, The Age of the Customer® (2014) has sold over 60,000 copies.
Google ranks Jim as the #1 small business expert in the world. As a high-energy keynote speaker, Jim talks to small business audiences about how to compete in the 21st-century global marketplace, and he talks with large companies about how to speak small business as a second language. Read more about Jim Blasingame.
Resources for this Episode:
- Download the report of our study, “Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI“
- Download “5 Questions To Ask When You Need to Move Even Faster”
- Learn about Jim Blasingame’s book and special offers at The Age of the Customer®
- Learn More about The Small Business Advocate® Show, with Jim Blasingame
- Listen to previous episodes of our special summer series on “Being the Disrupter and Not the Disrupted”:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing for Thinking Differently (Episode B-1)
- Guest Terence Mauri: Winning in the Age of Disruption: Secrets of the Leader’s Mindset (Episode B-2)
- Guest Judith E. Glaser: Accelerating Trust Through Conversational Intelligence (Episode B-3)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairings for Increasing Innovation (Episode B-4)
- Guest Ron Friedman: The Secrets of Becoming The Best Place to Work (Episode B-5)
- Guest Whitney Johnson: How Constraints Can Boost Your Innovation and Growth (Episode B-6)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam and Scott’s Book Pairings for Inspiring Resilience (Episode B-7)
- Guest Karen Tiber Leland: How CEO Branding Can Give You a Competitive Advantage (Episode B-8)
- Guest Ken Lizotte: Three Reasons CEOs Should Get Out and Speak (Episode B-9)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Two Must-Read Books for Winning in the Digital Age (Episode B-10)
- Guest Charles Duhigg: Proven Ways to Become Smarter Faster and Better (Episode B-11)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.