Download and listen-on-the-go to the 14th of 14 special episodes
Download and listen on the go to our conversation with Ben Gomes-Casseres, author of the book Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations. He is an expert on business combinations and a Professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University, who has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. (Read more bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- Why relationships such as alliances, partnerships, acquisitions, mergers, and joint ventures are increasingly part of the core strategy in most businesses
- How three laws shape the success of any business combination
- Immediately useful ideas for applying these laws to improve your company’s business combinations
About Ben Gomes-Casseres
Ben Gomes-Casseres has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. His newest book is Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press, 2015). Ben is a professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University (since 1995) and previously was a professor at Harvard Business School (1985-1995). Prior to that, he was an economist at the World Bank.
Ben has published five books and many academic and managerial articles. Ben speaks for and consults widely with companies seeking to create value from external resources and to improve the way they manage business partnerships. He holds degrees from Harvard, Princeton, and Brandeis. A native of Curaçao, he speaks four languages. Read More about Ben Gomes-Casseres
Resources for This Episode
- Read about Ben’s book — Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations
- Read about The Three Laws of Business Combinations — An Excerpt from “Remix Strategy”
- Read Ben’s blog: Personal Chemistry in Partnerships — Handle With Care
- Find out about senior executive’s surprising expectations and experiences of strategic alliances. Download our complimentary study report, Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI
- Listen to previous episodes of our special summer series on “Being the Disrupter and Not the Disrupted”:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing for Thinking Differently (Episode B-1)
- Guest Terence Mauri: Winning in the Age of Disruption: Secrets of the Leader’s Mindset (Episode B-2)
- Guest Judith E. Glaser: Accelerating Trust Through Conversational Intelligence (Episode B-3)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairings for Increasing Innovation (Episode B-4)
- Guest Ron Friedman: The Secrets of Becoming The Best Place to Work (Episode B-5)
- Guest Whitney Johnson: How Constraints Can Boost Your Innovation and Growth (Episode B-6)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam and Scott’s Book Pairings for Inspiring Resilience (Episode B-7)
- Guest Karen Tiber Leland: How CEO Branding Can Give You a Competitive Advantage (Episode B-8)
- Guest Ken Lizotte: Three Reasons CEOs Should Get Out and Speak (Episode B-9)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Two Must-Read Books for Winning in the Digital Age (Episode B-10)
- Guest Charles Duhigg: Proven Ways to Become Smarter Faster and Better (Episode B-11)
- Guest Jim Blasingame: Dramatically Increase Customer Value With More Powerful Partnering (Episode B-12)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Proven Ways to Become Smarter Faster and Better (Episode B-13)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for episode B-14.