Download and listen-on-the-go to the 3rd of 14 special episodes
What does it take to be the disruptor and not the disrupted? This series of special episodes provides clues. In these 14 episodes, Scott and I are featuring our discussions about best-selling business books as well as our conversations with world-class business authors.
This week we’re featuring our conversation with Judith E. Glaser about using the art and science of Conversational Intelligence® to strengthen the trust it takes to accelerate business outcomes.
Judith is Founder and CEO of Benchmark Communications, Inc., and Chairman and Co-Founder of the CreatingWe Institute. She is the world’s leading authority on Conversational Intelligence®, WE-centric Leadership, and Neuro-Innovation. She is a best-selling author of 7 business books including Conversational Intelligence: How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results. (see bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- The paradox of trust building
- What you can do to boost trust in the first 90 days of a new position or initiative
- Two ideas you can immediately use to dramatically accelerate trust building in your company
About Judith E. Glaser
Judith E. Glaser is the founder and CEO of Benchmark Communications, Inc. and Chairman and Co-Founder of the CreatingWe Institute. She is the world’s leading authority on Conversational Intelligence®, WE-centric Leadership, and Neuro-Innovation, and is a best-selling author of 7 business books including her newest best seller – Conversational Intelligence: How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results.
In 2004 Judith was awarded Woman of the Year in New York City. Since 2006 she has been listed in as one of the top 10 consultants globally in the Excellence Top 100 Consultants and is considered one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders globally on the subject of leadership. In 2011, Judith was awarded the Drexel University Distinguished Alumni Award, and in 2006 she was inducted into the Temple University Gallery of Success.
Judith is frequently quoted on her revolutionary workplace approaches in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Crain’s, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, AMA World, etc. and is a contributing Editor for Executive Excellence Magazine. Read More about Judith E. Glaser
Resources for this Episode:
- Find out more about Judith E. Glaser’s books, Conversational Intelligence and Creating WE
- Request a download sample of Judith E. Glaser’s Neuro-Tips: practical tools to increase your conversational intelligence
- Listen to previous episodes of our special series on “Being the Disrupter and Not the Disrupted”:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing for Thinking Differently (Episode B-1)
- Guest Terence Mauri: Winning in the Age of Disruption: Secrets of the Leader’s Mindset (Episode B-2)
Contact us. We’ll get back to you within 24 business hours (US Eastern time)
Read the Episode B-3 Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.