Download and listen-on-the-go to the 9th of 14 special episodes
What does it take to be the disruptor and not the disrupted? This series of special episodes provides clues. Scott and I are featuring our discussions about best-selling business books as well as our conversations with world-class business authors. (Links for Episodes 1 through 8 are under Resources below).
This week we’re featuring our conversation with Ken Lizotte, Chief Imaginative Officer of Emerson Consulting Group, about the winning edge that comes to CEOs who strategically share their stories. Emerson Consulting Group helps clients elevate themselves as thought leaders and separate themselves from the competitive pack.
Ken is the author of seven books, including The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs, and The Experts Edge. He has been interviewed by a variety of media, including: The Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Newsweek, Financial Times, and Investors’ Business Daily (see more below)
You’ll gain insights on:
- What every CEO needs to know about emerging trends for executive speakers
- Selecting the venues that are most suited to achieving your objectives
- Three immediately useful ideas for shaping and getting speaking engagements to provide the most value for your audience, for you, and for your company
About Ken Lizotte
Ken Lizotte is Chief Imaginative Officer of Emerson Consulting Group Incorporated. and his team focus on helping clients elevate themselves as thought leaders and separate themselves from the competitive pack.
A thoughtleader in his own right, Ken is the author of seven books, including The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs, and The Exerts Edge. He has been interviewed by the Wall Street Journal, Fortune Magazine, Newsweek, Financial Times, Investors’ Business Daily, National Public Radio, CBS-TV, Writer’s Digest Magazine, The Boston Globe, to name just a few. He has published hundreds of articles including blogs and columns for the American Management Association and Boston Magazine. He’s also a co-founder of the National Writers Union. Read more about Ken Lizotte
Resources for This Episode
- Read about Ken’s book, The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs
- Read about Ken’s book, The Experts Edge: Become the Go-To Authority That People Turn to Every Time
- Download “5 Questions To Ask When You Need to Move Even Faster”
- Listen to previous episodes of our special summer series on “Being the Disrupter and Not the Disrupted”:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing for Thinking Differently (Episode B-1)
- Guest Terence Mauri: Winning in the Age of Disruption: Secrets of the Leader’s Mindset (Episode B-2)
- Guest Judith E. Glaser: Accelerating Trust Through Conversational Intelligence (Episode B-3)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairings for Increasing Innovation (Episode B-4)
- Guest Ron Friedman: The Secrets of Becoming The Best Place to Work (Episode B-5)
- Guest Whitney Johnson: How Constraints Can Boost Your Innovation and Growth (Episode B-6)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam and Scott’s Book Pairings for Inspiring Resilience (Episode B-7)
- Guest Karen Tiber Leland: How CEO Branding Can Give You a Competitive Advantage (Episode B-8)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.