How can embracing turbulence help you and your teams innovate during a crisis?
Find out by listening to Episode 172. Scott and I speak with Amy Lee Segami, President and Managing Principal of Segami Studios and Consulting, about leading yourself and others through times of crisis. She is a former engineer turned award-winning artist and entrepreneur who applies her unique application of fluid dynamics (Painting on Water™) to help leaders and teams embrace turbulence and increase innovation.
Amy’s works are in museums’ permanent collections, and her process was nominated for the 2020 Thomas Edison Innovation Award. She has been featured by media including BBC, NPR, Crain’s and the TED Blog. (read more about Amy below)
You’ll gain insights on:
- How embracing the principles of turbulence can help you and your teams navigate disruptions from crises such as COVID-19 and the volatile economy
- What one of Amy’s clients learned about turbulence through Painting on Water™ that helped them to increase innovation
- Three immediately useful ideas for leading to find the positive side of turbulence
About Amy Lee Segami
Amy Lee Segami is President and Managing Principal of Segami Studios and Consulting. Amy is a former engineer turned artist and entrepreneur who paints on water, literally, with water as her canvas. With her unique applications of fluid dynamics, she embraces turbulence to create a unique brand of Painting On Water™.
Amy’s works are in museums’ permanent collections, and her process was nominated for the 2020 Thomas Edison Innovation Award. In fact, through the years, Amy has received many honors, awards, and recognitions. This ranges from Crain’s Chicago Business: 40 Under 40 to a Grant from the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs. Last year, she received one of 2 inaugural Advancing Consulting awards from The Society for the Advancement of Consulting. She has been featured by media including BBC, NPR, and Crain’s and the TED Blog.
Read more about Amy Segami.
Resources for This Episode
- Find out more about Amy Segami and examples of her Painting on Water™ art
- Listen to Pam & Scott’s conversation with Dr. Leslie Austin about “Leading Your Organization Through Major Change During a Crisis”
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Episode 172 Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.