Are you like many of the top leaders who have shared how important it is to go beyond transactional interactions and create deeper connections with people? These are the conversations that can strengthen the mutual trust, collaboration, commitment it takes to bring big dreams to life. Sometimes these connections happen naturally over a meal. Other times, we’ve seen these connections happen over games that create unexpected conversations.
In this week’s episode, we speak with visionary leader Gena Scurry about the potential of using a card game to change the world by creating deeper connections with people. Gena is an educator and creator of the card game “Over Coffee.”
Pam first met her when they were going through professional keynote speaker development. One evening, Gena spontaneously invited members of the cohort to play her game while we waited for dinner. Everyone enjoyed it so much that we played the game at the end of dinner, too. “Over Coffee” enabled people who started out as strangers to develop deeper connections that enabled us to become both friends and collaborators.
I developed this card game to encourage you to go out into the world and create deeper connections” | Gena Scurry
This week on Growth Igniters® Radio, we discuss:
- What led Gena to develop “over Coffee,” and what surprised her about its power to develop relationships
- Stories about how Gena has seen the impact of the game in both social and business settings
- Immediately useful ideas for getting the most benefit from the “Over Coffee” game
Resources for This Episode
- Read more about Gena Scurry and connect with her on LinkedIn
- Find out more and order the “Over Coffee” Game
- Visit PamHarperSpeaks.com to find out more about her new keynote “Break Orbit: Leading for Long-Term Growth in a Short-Term World”
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Thanks for listening to Growth Igniters® Radio. If you enjoyed this episode, spread the good word! Just leave a quick review wherever you get your podcasts and share on LinkedIn or Facebook.