Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 8:48 — 12.1MB) | Embed
“Doing well by doing good” is a concept that many CEOs and other top leaders aspire to. However this aspiration can sometimes be a challenge to consistently pull off. Given this, we are excited that Chief Executive has named Marc Benioff, Founder, Chair and co-CEO of Salesforce, as their CEO of the Year for 2022. The selection committee praised him as an “Innovative and forward thinking CEO” who has been able to consistently achieve “exceptional business results while fostering greater sustainability, prosperity and equity within the business community and broader society.”
The leadership that led to Marc Benioff being selected as Chief Executive’s CEO of the Year also exemplifies what we call “Growth Igniters® Leadership”: a mindset of expansive thinking, curiosity, and cultural intelligence that is foundational for leading a bold vision in a constantly changing world.
In this “Quick Take” episode, we share how Marc Benioff’s leadership can serve as an inspiration: First, the importance of living into your core values as a way of informing all strategic and operational decisions within their organization and across your ecosystem. Second, how fostering an environment of continuous learning and gaining perspectives from various stakeholders can help you and your company keep pace with both challenges and opportunities as the world keeps changing. Third, staying flexible about the different leadership and management capabilities and styles that are necessary as your company evolves and grows over time.
It is possible to do well by doing good and achieve exceptional business results. The challenge is to do it in a way that’s right for you, your team, employees, customers, partners, and other stakeholders in your ecosystem. – Pam Harper
This week on Growth Igniters Radio:
- What led Chief Executive to name Marc Benioff as their 2022 CEO of the year
- How Marc Benioff exemplifies what we call “Growth Igniters® Leadership”
- Living into your core values so that strategic and operational decisions can drive both exceptional business results and benefits to the broader society
- How continuous learning can support resilience and an innovative mindset
- The importance of going beyond employees to gain perspectives from customers, partners, and other stakeholders in your company’s ecosystem
- Staying flexible to the need for a variety of leadership and management capabilities and styles as your organization evolves and grows
Question to discuss with your team:
How can we move beyond inspiration and create our own way of doing well by doing good?
- Read the Chief Executive article: Benioff’s Way: A Conversation With Salesforce Founder and 2022 CEO of the Year Marc Benioff
- Download our special report: “Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI“
- Learn more about Pam’s keynote address at Pam Harper Speaks
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Please spread the word if you enjoyed this episode of Growth Igniters® Radio. Subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Join us on Facebook and LinkedIn. For more exclusive content, join the Growth Igniters® Community.