Big adventures can help us challenge the boundaries of what we think is possible. However, adventures such as climbing a mountain or sailing across the Atlantic can be few and far between. This is especially true for CEOs, C-Suite executives and corporate directors with demanding schedules. That’s why it’s important to embrace the eye-opening adventures that are accessible to you every day. We call these “Everyday Adventures.”
Examples include having conversations with people you don’t usually interact with, embracing pushback rather than rejecting it, finding the opportunity in a setback, and other ways that expand your imagination, resilience and curiosity – all characteristics of Growth Igniters® Leadership.
In this “Quick Take” episode, we share why we are inspired by reading Richard Branson’s blog posts about his big adventures, and Holly Branson’s blog post about how growing up adventuring with her father inspired her own approach to life. We describe how “Everyday Adventures,” can ignite game-changing growth in your organization. We also share three immediately useful ideas for embracing your own everyday adventures as a leader to expand your horizons.
“Everyday adventures can help us challenge the boundaries of what we think is possible.” – Pam Harper
This week on Growth Igniters Radio:
- What inspires Pam about Richard Branson’s blogs
- Holly Branson’s blog post about growing up adventuring with her father Richard
- Why “everyday adventures” can help us improve our lives as much as “big adventures”
- Ideas for embracing your own everyday adventures as a top leader
What can I do starting today to expand my awareness and embrace the everyday adventures all around me?
- How many of your Conventional & Unconventional Stakeholders do you know? Download Pam Harper & Scott Harper’s Expanding Your Company’s Stakeholder Perspectives Checklist
- Learn more about Pam’s keynote address at Pam Harper Speaks
- Richard Branson blog
- Childhood Adventures by Holly Branson
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Growth Igniters Radio. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.