How do we stay leading on purpose in the face of conflicting priorities?
Download and listen-on-the-go to Episode 105. Inspired by a special report we saw in the February 2017 issue of Fast Company, Scott and I are discussing our insights and recommendations on what it means to lead on purpose in a rapidly shifting environment.
You’ll gain insights on:
- How the rapidly shifting environment will test every leader and organization’s purpose
- Three key principles for discovering and reinforcing a shared sense of purpose
- Three immediately useful ideas for leading on purpose
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions in companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her critically acclaimed book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock has been called “timeliness resource.”
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read “How PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi is Steering the Company Toward a Purpose-Drive Future”
- Download “5 Questions To Ask When You Need to Move Even Faster”
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Need to Pivot? Tap Into Your Organization’s Intelligence (Episode 93)
- Pam Harper & Karissa Thacker: Making Tough Choices Easier by Being an Authentic Leader (Episode 89)
- Guest Judith E. Glaser, Author of “Conversational Intelligence”: The Art And Science Of Accelerating Trust (Episode 15)