Find out the main reason that professionals might look for a new job this year
Download and listen- on-the-go to Episode 106 as Scott and I discuss this and other highlights from a just released global survey by Korn Ferry. Clearly, it’s more important than ever to create an extraordinary workplace to attract and retain top talent.
That’s why we’re featuring an encore of our conversation with Ron Friedman, Ph.D., author of the best-selling book The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace. Ron is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Fast Company, Forbes, and CNN (see bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- Trends and implications of a new career survey by Korn Ferry of 2,000 professionals
- Three basic psychological needs that people of every age need from their workplace that engages them to collaborate, solve complex problems, make bold new decisions and take bold new actions
- Three immediately actionable ideas for creating an extraordinary workplace
About Ron Friedman
Ron Friedman is an award-winning social psychologist who specializes in human motivation.
He has served on the faculty of the University of Rochester, Nazareth College, and Hobart and William Smith Colleges, and has consulted for some of the world’s most successful organizations.
Popular accounts of his research have appeared on NPR and in major newspapers, including The New York Times, Financial Times, the Globe and Mail, Washington Post, The Guardian, as well as magazines such as Men’s Health, Entrepreneur, and Success.
Ron is also the author of a highly-acclaimed new book called The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace. He is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, Psychology Today, Fast Company, Forbes, and CNN. Read More about Ron Friedman
Resources for This Episode
- Read the article: Here’s the No. 1 Reason Workers Are Seeking New Jobs In 2017
- Read about The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: What Can You Do To Accelerate Major Transformation? (Episode 14)
- Pam Harper & Gayle Lantz, Founder of WorkMatters, Inc: Three Trends in Happiness at Work in 2016 (Episode 63)