What does it take to successfully lead into uncharted territory?
Find out by listening- on-the-go to Episode 118. Scott and I discuss two well-researched books that, taken together, can provide new light on this challenge: The Knowledge Illusion: Why We Never Think Alone, by Steven Sloman and Philip Fernbach (2017); and Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, by Susan Cain (2012).
You’ll gain insights on:
- Why we need to take a different approach to seeking and sharing knowledge in a highly dynamic environment
- How forced collaboration can get in the way of innovation
- Immediately useful ideas and a free downloadable guide
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions is companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career, Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read about “The Knowledge Illusions: Why We Never Think Alone, by Steven Sloman and Philip Fernbach”
- Read about “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking, by Susan Cain”
- Download our complimentary checklist of stakeholders to expand your perspectives: Expanding Your Company’s Perspectives by Adding “Eyes and Ears”
- Free limited time offer: Request “Growth Igniter’s Business Author’s Pack Number One”