Is it possible to be “too visionary”?
Find out by listening- on-the-go to Episode 123. At a time when some of the most visionary CEOs are running into pushback about being “too visionary,” Scott and I are challenging this belief. The truth is that there are many visionary leaders who are approaching business innovation and growth with great success.
Join us as we share what we’ve learned about how these leaders approach one of the toughest challenges any visionary faces – gaining commitment.
You’ll gain insights on
- The most critical consideration to take into account as you’re developing a bold, audacious vision
- The discovery one visionary CEO made so he could navigate mysterious, large-scale pushback
- Three pieces of immediately useful advice to increase the level of commitment it takes to lead into uncharted territory
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions is companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career, Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Request our complimentary Harper Report: How To Take Control of the “Elephant in the Room”
- Find out about senior executive’s surprising expectations and experiences of strategic alliances. Download our complimentary study report, Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI
- Download our complimentary checklist of stakeholders to expand your perspectives: Expanding Your Company’s Perspectives