How can big M&A deals inspire other game-changing strategies?
Download and listen- on-the-go to Episode 136. Scott and I welcome back Dr. Ben Gomes-Casseres, author of the book Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press) to discuss strategic partnerships.
Ben has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. He is a Professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University. (Read more in Ben’s bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- What the most remarkable deals over the past year can tell any leader about strategic opportunities for their own company
- Thinking beyond traditional boundaries for deals that can enable you to be the “disruptor and not the disrupted”
- Immediately useful ideas for developing game-changing opportunities and growth for your company
About Ben Gomes-Casseres
Ben Gomes-Casseres has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. His newest book is Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press, 2015). Ben is a professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University (since 1995) and previously was a professor at Harvard Business School (1985-1995). Prior to that, he was an economist at the World Bank.
Ben has published five books and many academic and managerial articles. Ben speaks for and consults widely with companies seeking to create value from external resources and to improve the way they manage business partnerships. He holds degrees from Harvard, Princeton, and Brandeis. A native of Curaçao, he speaks four languages. Read More about Ben Gomes-Casseres
Resources for This Episode
- Read Ben’s Harvard Business Review article, What the Big Mergers of 2017 Tell Us About 2018
- Listen to our previous conversation with Ben Gomes-Casseres in Episode 91 and Episode 114
- Read about Ben’s book — Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations
- Read about The Three Laws of Business Combinations — An Excerpt from “Remix Strategy”
- Find out about senior executive’s surprising expectations and experiences of strategic partnerships. Download our free study report: Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI