What is the key for leaders to share with others in the workplace – without oversharing?
Find out by listening on-the-go to Episode 141. Scott and I speak with returning guest Judith E. Glaser about how to communicate in the workplace when we’re facing illness, difficult family situations, and other hardships.
Judith is the award-winning author of the best selling books CreatingWE® and Conversational Intelligence®: How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results. (see bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- Why sharing hard times with others, when done appropriately, can build work relationships
- How to increase transparency during hard times without losing power
- Three immediately useful ideas for using Conversational Intelligence under tough circumstances
About Judith E. Glaser
Judith E. Glaser is the founder and CEO of CEO of Benchmark Communications, Inc. and Chairman and Co-Founder of the CreatingWe Institute. She is the world’s leading authority on Conversational Intelligence®, WE-centric Leadership, and Neuro-Innovation, and is a best-selling author of 7 business books including her newest bestseller – Conversational Intelligence®: How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results.
In 2004 Judith was awarded Woman of the Year in New York City. Since 2006 she has been listed in as one of the top 10 consultants globally in the Excellence Top 100 Consultants and is considered one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders globally on the subject of leadership. In 2011, Judith was awarded the Drexel University Distinguished Alumni Award, and in 2006 she was inducted into the Temple University Gallery of Success.
Judith is frequently quoted on her revolutionary workplace approaches in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Crain’s, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, AMA World, etc. and is a Contributing Editor for Executive Excellence Magazine. Read More about Judith E. Glaser
Resources for This Episode
- Read The Wall Street Journal Article: Now Emoting in the Corner Office: The Oversharing CEO
- Find out more about Judith E. Glaser’s books, Conversational Intelligence® and Creating WE®
- Listen to previous Growth Igniters Radio interviews with Judith E. Glaser: Episode 3, Episode 15, Episode 36, Episode 61, Episode 122, and Episode 131
- Request a download sample of Judith E. Glaser’s Neuro-Tips: practical tools to increase your conversational intelligence
- Join the Growth Igniters® community & get bonus Harper Report: How To Take Control of the “Elephant in the Room”