What ethical issues do we all need to revisit as digital technology evolves to build trust in the digital age?
Download and listen-on-the-go to Episode 145. Scott and I have a thought-provoking conversation about ethics with returning guest and futurist Jim Blasingame, based upon his newest award-winning book, The 3rd Ingredient: The Journey of Analog Ethics into the World of Digital Fear and Greed. We discuss what’s behind the generalized anxiety about privacy, cyber-breaches and more. What will it take to increase digital trust in the digital age under these circumstances?
Jim is widely acknowledged as one of the world’s foremost experts on small business and entrepreneurship. He is the creator and award-winning host of the nationally syndicated weekday radio program, The Small Business Advocate Show® with Jim Blasingame. In addition to The 3rd Ingredient, Jim is the author of three other award-winning books, including The Age of the Customer. He has also been a syndicated columnist since 1999. [Read more about Jim below]
You’ll find out about:
- The “unprecedented 10,000-year shift” prompting the need to look at ethical issues in new ways
- The difference between human “analog ethics” and “digital ethics” – and why it matters
- Immediately useful ideas for increasing trust as digital technology evolves
Jim Blasingame, a futurist and one of the world’s foremost experts on small business and entrepreneurship, is the creator and award-winning host of The Small Business Advocate® Show, the world’s only weekday radio talk show dedicated to small business, nationally syndicated since 1997. Jim conducts over 1,000 live interviews annually with his Brain Trust – the world’s largest community of small business experts, policymakers, and entrepreneurs.
Jim’s Fourth book, The 3rd Ingredient: The Journey of Analog Ethics into the World of Digital Fear and Greed has already won five international publishing awards. In addition, Jim is the author of three other award-winning books, including The Age of the Customer. He has been a syndicated columnist since 1999, contributing weekly to newspapers and online publications, including Forbes.com, Nasdaq.com, American City Business Journals, and OPENForum.com.
Google ranks Jim as the #1 small business expert in the world. As a high-energy keynote speaker, Jim talks to small business audiences about how to compete in the 21st-century global marketplace, and he talks with large companies about how to speak small business as a second language. Read more about Jim Blasingame.
Resources for this Episode:
- Order Jim Blasingame’s book The 3rd Ingredient: The Journey of Analog Ethics into the World of Digital Fear and Greed
- Find out about Jim Blasingame’s book The Age of the Customer®
- Listen to The Small Business Advocate® Show, with Jim Blasingame
- Download our complimentary Harper Report: How To Take Control of the “Elephant in the Room”