What is one of the biggest misconceptions about mentoring in today’s business environment?
Find out by downloading and listening-on-the-go to Episode 170. Scott and I have a thought-provoking conversation on executive mentoring in a profoundly changing world with our returning guest, futurist Jim Blasingame.
Jim is widely acknowledged as one of the world’s foremost experts on small business and entrepreneurship. He is the creator and award-winning host of the nationally syndicated weekday radio program, The Small Business Advocate Show® with Jim Blasingame. Jim is the author of four award-winning books, including The Age of the Customer and The 3rd Ingredient. [Read more about Jim below]
You’ll find out:
- The wisdom that leaders most need to gain now – before it’s too late
- How cognitive biases and assumptions can get in the way of finding your best mentors
- Immediately useful ideas for finding conventional and unconventional executive mentors
Jim Blasingame, a futurist and one of the world’s foremost experts on small business and entrepreneurship, is the creator and award-winning host of The Small Business Advocate® Show, the world’s only weekday radio talk show dedicated to small business, nationally syndicated since 1997. Jim conducts over 1,000 live interviews annually with his Brain Trust – the world’s largest community of small business experts, policymakers, and entrepreneurs.
Jim’s Fourth book, The 3rd Ingredient: The Journey of Analog Ethics into the World of Digital Fear and Greed has already won five international publishing awards. In addition, Jim is the author of three other award-winning books, including The Age of the Customer. He has been a syndicated columnist since 1999, contributing weekly to newspapers and online publications, including Forbes.com, Nasdaq.com, American City Business Journals, and OPENForum.com.
Google ranks Jim as the #1 small business expert in the world. As a high-energy keynote speaker, Jim talks to small business audiences about how to compete in the 21st-century global marketplace, and he talks with large companies about how to speak small business as a second language. Read more about Jim Blasingame.
Resources for this Episode:
- Read our blog post, “Finding The Right Mentors To Help You Grow Your Business“
- Read about Jim Blasingame’s book The 3rd Ingredient: The Journey of Analog Ethics into the World of Digital Fear and Greed
- Find out about Jim Blasingame’s book The Age of the Customer®
- Listen to The Small Business Advocate® Show, with Jim Blasingame