Find out by listening to Episode 173. Scott and I speak with returning guest Shari Spiro, CEO and Founder of AdMagic Games and Breaking Games, about how she and her company have found ways to change for the better during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
Ad Magic Games is one of the largest independent printers of tabletop games in the US, including the wildly popular Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kittens, and other customized playing cards and board games.
Breaking Games is an award-winning game publisher and manufacturer. Since its 2015 launch, Breaking Games has substantially grown and has games on the shelves of Target and Walmart, games that are recognized by Mensa International, and is also responsible for the launch of dozens of other critically acclaimed tabletop games. (read more about Shari below)
You’ll find out:
- The biggest impacts of the COVID-19 crisis upon Shari’s companies, and how they innovated in response, including launching their new non-profit “Puzzles for the Pandemic”
- How Shari leads her teams to discover “Silver Linings” despite major challenges
- Three immediately useful ideas for leading to find your own “silver linings” under the toughest circumstances
About Shari Spiro
Ad Magic Games is one of the largest independent printers of tabletop games in the US. Their games include the wildly popular Cards Against Humanity and Exploding Kittens, as well as other customized playing cards and board games.
Shari is also the CEO and founder of Breaking Games, an award-winning game publisher and manufacturer that has grown substantially since its 2015 launch. They have games on the shelves of Target and Walmart, games that are recognized by Mensa International, and are also responsible for the launch of dozens of other critically acclaimed tabletop games.
Shari was first our guest in 2015 and has been back since then to discuss her company’s growth journey as well as how playing games can build critical thinking skills. Over this time her company has continued to dramatically grow and win numerous awards. Read Shari Spiro’s blog.
Resources for This Episode
- Find out more about AdMagic Games and Breaking Games
- Help front-line workers through buying new puzzles at Puzzles for the Pandemic
- Listen to Pam & Scott’s conversation with Amy Segami about “A Leader’s Guide to Finding the Positive Side of Turbulence”
- Listen to previous Growth Igniters Radio episodes with Shari Spiro:
- Guest Shari Spiro: What Does It Take To Lead a Growth Company? (Episode 22)
- Guest Shari Spiro: Using the Power of Games to Inspire Strategic Thinking (Episode 81)
- Guest Shari Spiro: Scaling For Growth? Here’s What An Award-Winning CEO Learned (Episode 103)