In the middle of a crisis, what is most important to keep in mind?
Find out by listening- on-the-go to Episode 180. In this episode, Scott and I share our own experience of Tropical Storm Isaias (we’re OK), and the reminder of an essential principle we keep actively in mind when the stakes are high and time is short: There’s always more to the story of any situation, and it always makes a difference in the outcome of any decision and action. So how can you consider the perspectives of others AND act quickly?
You’ll gain insights on
- Overcoming the challenge of going beyond “hard wired” perceptions and instincts that exist in a crisis
- A handy strategic tool for quickly bringing to mind the less obvious stakeholders whose perceptions could be critical to success
- Three immediately actionable ideas from a game-changing CEO (literally) on how communicating with stakeholders can help you discover Silver Linings in a crisis
Read our blog post about our “there’s always more to the story” experience in Tropical Storm Isaias.
Pamela S. Harper is Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc. (BAI), a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. She is a global expert known for helping visionary CEOs, C-Suite executives, and Boards of successful companies cut to the heart of high-stakes strategy and organizational dynamics issues to dramatically accelerate game-changing growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com, and other major media. Her critically acclaimed book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D. is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career, Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients reframe their innovation challenges so they can recognize new options, take full advantage of unexpected opportunities, create faster and more powerful decisions, and dramatically increase ROI.
Scott joined BAI after an award-winning corporate career leading innovation teams for beloved brands such as Listerine® and Purell®. He has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Download our complimentary checklist of stakeholders to expand your perspectives: Expanding Your Company’s Perspectives
- Listen to our conversation with CEO Shari Spiro about how to Find Silver Linings to Lead Your Company Through the Crisis — and Beyond