It’s time for CEOs, C-Suite Executives, and Boards to Engage in New Ways
Be sure to listen to our conversation with Peter R. Gleason, President of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), and a recognized expert on board leadership and corporate governance.
With increasing complexity and uncertainty in the business environment, there are a number of forces driving what is rapidly becoming a necessary shift in the relationship between CEOs, C-Suite executives, and their Boards of Directors.
The more that all of us who lead companies, large or small, public or private, understand these issues and recommendations from the Board perspective, the more power we’ll have to build the most effective working relationships and raise the performance of our companies.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The forces driving new trends in board-C-Suite relationships, and the advantages of a different kind of Board / C-Suite engagement
- Examples of the new ways in which the Board can add valuable perspective to build more powerful strategies
- Three ideas you can immediately use for strengthening the strategic engagement of the Board and C-Suite in your own company
About Peter R. Gleason
Peter Gleason is President of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the only membership organization devoted exclusively to serving the information and educational needs of corporate directors. He also oversees NACD’s Research Department, which produces guidance on leading practices to enhance board performance. Peter has served as a Commissioner on every NACD Blue Ribbon Commission report issued over the past 14 years, including the most recent releases on Strategy Development, Talent Development, and Board Diversity.
Peter is regularly quoted in the national media and is a frequent presenter on the subjects of corporate governance, executive and director compensation, risk, strategic planning, board-shareowner relations, and board evaluation. Read More about Peter Gleason
Resources for this Episode:
- Risk Communication: Aligning the Board and C-Suite (Complimentary Report)
- Cyber-Risk Oversight Handbook (Available to NACD members only)
- NACD Blue Ribbon Commission Report on Strategy Development (Available to NACD members only)
- NACD Blue Ribbon Commission Report on The Diverse Board: Moving From Interest to Action (Available to NACD members only)