Why is it more important than ever for the C-Suite and Board to Increase Collaboration?
As we turn the corner into the New Year, the only thing we know for sure is that C-Suites and their Boards will need to be in synch in order to nimbly and effectively respond to unprecedented events and emerging opportunities in the short-term, while remaining focused on long-term value creation.
Listen on the go to a reprise of our conversation from Episode 20 with Peter R. Gleason, President of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), and a recognized expert on board leadership and corporate governance, as we discuss what it takes for C-Suites and Boards to effectively partner in this dynamic business environment.
- The forces driving new trends in board-C-Suite relationships, and the advantages of a different kind of Board / C-Suite engagement
- Examples of the new ways in which the Board can add valuable perspective to build more powerful strategies and increase stakeholder value
- Three ideas you can immediately use for strengthening the strategic engagement of the Board and C-Suite in your own company
About Peter R. Gleason
Peter Gleason is President of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the only membership organization devoted exclusively to serving the information and educational needs of corporate directors. He also oversees NACD’s Research Department, which produces guidance on leading practices to enhance board performance. Peter has served as a Commissioner on every NACD Blue Ribbon Commission report issued over the past 14 years, including the most recent releases on Strategy Development, Talent Development, and Board Diversity.
Peter is regularly quoted in the national media and is a frequent presenter on the subjects of corporate governance, executive and director compensation, risk, strategic planning, board-shareowner relations, and board evaluation. Read More about Peter Gleason
Resources for this Episode:
- Risk Communication: Aligning the Board and C-Suite (Complimentary Report)
- Cyber-Risk Oversight Handbook (Available to NACD members only)
- NACD Blue Ribbon Commission Report on Strategy Development (Available to NACD members only)
- NACD Blue Ribbon Commission Report on The Diverse Board: Moving From Interest to Action (Available to NACD members only)