We are joined by Barbara Weltman, a leading authority on tax, law, and finance. She is an expert in helping business leaders adapt to the constantly evolving business environment. She has also published over a dozen books from major publishers, and is recognized as a top small business influencer and an expert on helping companies prepare for the unknown.
We discuss three major unknowns that can impact operations, and tips to help leaders prepare for them:
- The emergence of bitcoin and other virtual currencies
- Disasters and other business disruptions
- Hack-attacks and other cyber-security threats
Since the publication of her J.K. Lasser’s Tax Deductions for Small Business in 1995, Barbara Weltman has built a reputation as an experienced and helpful source for small business advice. She has been featured in many business publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.com, as well as on major television and radio networks.
A tax and business attorney since 1977, Barbara is a respected corporate speaker, contributing editor, author of more than a dozen books from major publishers, and more than ever a trusted advocate for small business owners. BarbaraWeltman.com is the first choice for entrepreneurs to get the small business ideas and information they need to succeed now and in the future. Read Full Bio
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Virtual currency (Wikipedia)
- IRS FAQ on Virtual Currency – Notice 2014-21 – Internal Revenue Service
- SBA Emergency Preparedness Guidance
- Business Continuity Planning Toolkit — Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety