The courage to face down the elephant in the room has made front page news!
Inevitably, every leader faces a time when an elephant (or two) in the room grows so large it can potentially crush us. Listen as we share our insights from Chris Rock’s heroic outing of a gigantic elephant in Hollywood during the 88th Academy Awards.
In this episode, you’ll find out about:
- How to decide the role you need to play in confronting elephants in the room
- The least talked about issue that causes elephants in the room to grow
- FAQs for creating powerful conversations to surface elephant issues
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions is companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Request our complimentary Harper Report: How To Take Control of the “Elephant in the Room”
- Listen to Growth Igniters Radio episode 56: Using the Power Of Improvisation to Boost Organizational Momentum
- Read about Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead, by Dr. Brené Brown
- Read Variety Article: Academy Overhauls Membership, Voting Rules to Promote Oscar Diversity