How can we apply the model of acting to accomplishing big results?
Find out by listening on-the-go to Episode 67, as we speak with Michael Port, author of the six books, including Steal the Show, which according to the former president of Starbucks, “might be the most unique and practical book ever written on the topic of public speaking.”
Michael was once a professional actor, having received his MFA from New York University’s Graduate Acting Program. Guest starring on shows like Sex and the City and Law and Order and in films like The Pelican Brief and Down to Earth.
These days, Michael can be seen on MSNBC, CNBC and PBS as an on air expert in communication and business development. He’s also the host of the most popular podcast on public speaking and performance called Steal the Show with Michael Port. (read more below)
Gain insights on:
- How the model of acting can help us perform at our best
- Adopting different roles and styles of behavior − and still be authentic
- Three immediately actionable ways to apply the actors craft to accomplish the most in business and life
About Michael Port
Michael Port has written six books, including Book Yourself Solid and Steal the Show, the latter which — according to the former President of Starbucks — “might be the most unique and practical book ever written on the topic of public speaking.”
He’s been called an “uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe, a “marketing guru” by The Wall Street Journal, a “sales guru” by the Financial Times, “a public speaking phenom” by Jonathan Fields and “the best public speaking coach in the world” by Lewis Howes. The founder of MastermindTalks, Jayson Gaignard, declared, “Michael Port is the best speaker I’ve ever seen.”
His books have been on the bestseller lists of the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Publisher’s Weekly and have been selected by Amazon and 800-CEO-READ as “best books of the year.”
Michael was once a professional actor, having received his MFA from NYU’s Graduate Acting Program, guest starring on shows like Sex & The City and Law & Order, and in films like The Pelican Brief and Down to Earth. These days, He can be seen on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS as an on air expert in communication and business development and as the host of the most popular podcast on public speaking and performance, Steal the Show with Michael Port. Find out more about Michael Port.
Resources for This Episode
- Listen to our discussion of Steal the Show in our book pairing Episode 41: Pam and Scott’s Business Book Pairings for Inspiring Yourself and Others
- Find out more about Michael Port
- Learn more about the book, Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life
- Listen to Michael Port’s Steal the Show Podcast