Studies by sports psychologists point the way for achieving record-breaking business performance
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 82. Scott and I discuss how to apply research findings to igniting and sustaining momentum for top-level effort and focus in the business arena.
You’ll gain insights on:
- Why all self-talk is not equal when it comes to creating the momentum critical for top performance
- How two types of self-talk can work together to boost momentum for performance better than either alone
- Three immediately useful ideas for applying these principles to getting the most from yourself and your company in high-stakes situations
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions in companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read the Wall Street Journal article: For Better Performance, Give Yourself a Pep Talk
- Download “5 Questions To Ask When You Need to Move Even Faster”
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Tim Hebert, CEO of award-winning Atrion: Getting the Most Out Of Life and Business – Lessons from Mt. Kilimanjaro (Episode 45)
- Colin Day, CEO of award-winning iSIMS: Contrarian Leadership for a Culture of Success (Episode 27)