How can you lead through the ambiguity of innovation – even faster and more effectively?
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 90. While most CEOs are not “hands-on” innovators, there are still a number of defining decisions CEOs make that can greatly impact innovation outcomes. In this episode, Scott and I bring out these issues, share our stories, and provide proven ideas for guiding your company through the “gray zone”
You’ll gain insights on:
- What “the gray zone of innovation” is, and how the CEO can set the stage for reducing it
- The conflicting needs that are always behind the ambiguity of innovation
- Three immediately useful ideas for creating an environment for navigating the innovation gray zone
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions in companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Download “5 Questions To Ask When You Need to Move Even Faster”
- Download stakeholder checklist: “Expanding Your Company’s Perspectives by adding Eyes and Ears“
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Pam Harper and Karissa Thacker: Making Tough Choices Easier by Being an Authentic Leader (Episode 89)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: The Key to Moving Fast Enough When Everything is Important (Episode 73)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Confronting Elephants in the Room: What We Can Learn From Chris Rock and the Oscars (Episode 57)
- Guest Colin Day: Contrarian Leadership for a Culture of Success (Episode 27)
- Guest Arthur Fox: The Secrets of Creating an Environment For Innovation (Episode 10)