What does it take to learn the right things from mistakes and bounce back stronger than ever?
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 109. Using the 2017 Oscars Best-Picture mistake as inspiration, we discuss how to use mistakes as a springboard for building resilience in your organization, and the importance of conversation as a pathway for building trust and learning.
With this in mind, we revisit our discussion of using conversation as a foundational element of leadership with Judith E. Glaser, CEO of Benchmark Communications, Inc. and Chairman and Co-Founder of the CreatingWe Institute. She is also the award-winning author of the best-selling books CreatingWE® and Conversational Intelligence®: How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results (see bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- The two components necessary for increasing resilience after a mistake.
- Developing new conversational habits to increase resilience.
- Three immediately useful ideas to raise conversational intelligence to the highest level.
About Judith E. Glaser
Judith E. Glaser is the founder and CEO of CEO of Benchmark Communications, Inc. and Chairman and Co-Founder of the CreatingWe Institute. She is the world’s leading authority on Conversational Intelligence®, WE-centric Leadership, and Neuro-Innovation, and is a best-selling author of 7 business books including her newest best seller – Conversational Intelligence: How Great Leaders Build Trust and Get Extraordinary Results.
Judith is frequently quoted on her revolutionary workplace approaches in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Crain’s, Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur Magazine, AMA World, etc. and is a contributing Editor for Executive Excellence Magazine. Read More about Judith E. Glaser
Resources for This Episode
- Read and watch: The minute-by-minute breakdown of the shocking ‘Moonlight’/‘La La Land’ best picture mix-up
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Check out previous Growth Igniters Radio interviews with Judith E. Glaser: Episode 3 and Episode 15
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Confronting Elephants in the Room: What We Can Learn From Chris Rock and the 2016 Oscars (Episode 57)
- Find out more about Judith E. Glaser’s books, Conversational Intelligence® and Creating WE®
- Request a download sample of Judith E. Glaser’s Neuro-Tips: practical tools to increase your conversational intelligence
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.