How can you pick up on early signs of opportunity to create a competitive edge?
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 112. Scott and I discuss how to tap into your organization’s collective intelligence to detect early opportunities for gaining an edge in this hyper-competitive business environment.
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- Why being alert for emerging opportunity can be more competitive than being vigilent for threats
- Three keys (with downloadable reference and video) for ensuring that organization intelligence is relevant, reliable, and actionable
- Immediately useful ideas for tapping into your organization’s collective intelligence – beyond the usual methods
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions in companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read the Chief Executive Article: CEOs: Disrupt your Business or Get Disrupted
- Download the process visual “3 essential elements for boosting your organization’s intelligence”
- Watch a video showing the power of the OTE Huddle
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Guest Brian Scudamore: Leadership Secrets of a World Class Franchisor (Episode 52)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper Leading for Social Responsibility: Do Your Company’s Actions Match Your Values? (Episode 88)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: The Key to Moving Fast Enough When Everything is Important (Episode 73)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.