How has a visionary CEO failed his way to major success?
Find out by listening- on-the-go to Episode 153, our conversation with returning guest Brian Scudamore. He is the Founder & CEO of O2E Brands, the banner company for 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, You Move Me, and Shack Shine.
Brian’s latest success, which he discusses with us, is his best-selling book WTF?! Willing to Fail. This is a candid account of the entrepreneurship and leadership lessons he and the people in his companies have learned from their failures that have led to some of their greatest opportunities.
Brian was named entrepreneur of the year by The International Franchise Association. He’s been featured on CNN, ABC Nightline, Undercover Boss, and Oprah, and has shared his impressive story in Fortune Magazine, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal, to name a few. (see more in Brian’s bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- What it takes to fail together toward greatness
- A major “aha” Brian had from failure that enabled him to build the right leadership team for sustainable growth
- Three immediately useful ideas that Brian uses for dreaming big, learning, and creating new opportunities
About Brian Scudamore
He has always taken the road less traveled. At just 19 years old, he pioneered the industry of professional junk removal with 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, turning a chore people avoid into an exceptional customer service experience. Then he scaled that success into three more home-service brands under the O2E Brands banner.
Brian learned the ins and outs of business by running his own, and believes that anyone with a fire in their gut and a vision for doing something incredible with their future can do the same. His philosophy, WTF (Willing To Fail), stems from his belief in the power of dreaming big, taking risks, and learning from mistakes. Through franchising, he’s giving thousands of aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to live their dreams of business ownership. He is also author of the book WTF?! (Willing to Fail): How Failure Can Be Your Key to Success. Read More about Brian Scudamore
Resources for This Episode
- Find out more about Brian’s book, WTF?! (Willing to Fail): How Failure Can Be Your Key to Success
- Find out more about “O2E Brands“, 1-800-GOT-JUNK?, WOW 1 Day Painting, You Move Me, and Shack Shine
- Read more about Brian Scudamore on LinkedIn
- Download our special report, “How To Take Control of the “Elephant in the Room”
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.