How can improvisation accelerate success for you AND your business?
Find out by listening to Pam recount her experience of a breakthrough moment in which she instinctively improvised to resolve a challenging situation, partnered with a reprise of key pieces of our Episode 44 conversation about the power of “Yes, and” improvisational thinking with Kelly Leonard, President & CEO of Kelly Leonard Productions, and Creative Advisor with The Second City.
Kelly has worked with The Second City since 1988, overseeing productions that have launched the careers of celebrated comic performers such as Stephen Colbert, Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Amy Poehler, and a host of others. Kelley is also co-author, along with Tom Yorton, of the best-selling book, “Yes, And” (see more in Kelly’s bio below).
Find out about:
- The story of how dropping agenda and improvising in real time enabled Pam to create a breakthrough moment with a client group
- Examples of what “Yes, And” improvisational thinking is, and Kelly’s stories illustrating how it has been used to overcome obstacles
- Three immediately useful ideas – including an exercise – for applying the power of improvisation to accelerate toward your most important goals
About Kelly Leonard
Kelly Leonard is the President and CEO of Kelly Leonard Productions, a creative company that produces life, theater and comedy and provides thought leadership through books, speaking engagements and workshops for businesses, organizations and anyone looking to improve creativity, leadership and innovation.
Kelly is also aligned as a Creative Advisor with The Second City in Chicago, where he’s worked since 1988 overseeing productions with such a notable performers as Stephen Colbert, Tina Fey, Steve Carell, Amy Poehler, and a host of so many others. Kelly co-founded Second City Theatricals, the division of the company that develops an eclectic array of live entertainment all over the world.
Kelly is co-author, along with Tom Yorton, of the the best-selling book Yes, And: Lessons from the Second City. He has received many honors, including being named to Crain’s Chicago Business 40 under 40 list and named one of the top 40 cultural figures in Chicago by Time Out Magazine. Find out more about Kelly Leonard.
Resources for This Episode
- Find out more about the Heroic Public Speaking Live event which Pam attended
- Find out more about Yes, And − How Improvisation Reverses “No, But” Thinking and Improves Creativity and Collaboration − Lessons from The Second City
- All you want to know about The Second City
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.