What does it take to make “doing well by doing good” more than a slogan?
Listen on-the-go to Episode 88 as Scott and I discuss the growing trend of CEOs embracing social responsibility, and how to ignite and sustain momentum in your company as you change the game for your business.
In this episode, you’ll gain insights on:
- How leading for social responsibility differs from traditional corporate philanthropy programs
- Determining how well your social responsibility values and actions match
- Immediately actionable steps to ensure that your social responsibility values are reflected in what actually happens
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm. Throughout her life, Pam has a track record of finding the hidden opportunities in every situation and taking bold action for game-changing success.
For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her track record to enabling visionary leaders and their companies accelerate from big ideas to big results. This has led to hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth. Clients have included fast growth entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries.
Pam graduated with honors from Northwestern University. She has appeared in business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and others. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock: Leading Over Under & Around Organizational Jams to Achieve High Performance Results has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read “Radical Engagement: The Shifting Role of the CEO in Corporate Social Responsibility” in Chief Executive
- Request an instant download of our Harper Report: 5 Steps to Keep Your Values Relevant During Transformation and Growth for a deeper dive on this issue
- Visual illustrating the virtuous cycle for changing perspectives to change the game
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Episode 88 Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.