How can you best shape the success of your relationships with external business partners?
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 91, as we speak with Ben Gomes-Casseres, author of the book Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press). He is an expert on business combinations, who has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. He is a Professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University. (Read more about Ben below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- Why relationships such as alliances, partnerships, acquisitions, mergers, and joint ventures are increasingly part of the core strategy in most businesses
- How three laws shape the success of any business combination
- Immediately useful ideas for applying these laws to improve your company’s business combinations
About Ben Gomes-Casseres
Ben Gomes-Casseres has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. His newest book is Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press, 2015). Ben is a professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University (since 1995) and previously was a professor at Harvard Business School (1985-1995). Prior to that, he was an economist at the World Bank.
Ben has published five books and many academic and managerial articles. Ben speaks for and consults widely with companies seeking to create value from external resources and to improve the way they manage business partnerships. He holds degrees from Harvard, Princeton, and Brandeis. A native of Curaçao, he speaks four languages. Read More about Ben Gomes-Casseres
Resources for This Episode
- Read about Ben’s book — Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations
- Read about The Three Laws of Business Combinations — An Excerpt from “Remix Strategy”
- Read Ben’s blog: Personal Chemistry in Partnerships — Handle With Care
- Read Ben’s blog: Why Your Partnership Contract Is Too Important to Be Left to the Lawyers
- Find out about senior executive’s surprising expectations and experiences of strategic alliances. Download our complimentary study report, Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI
- Listen to related episodes of Growth Igniters Radio:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: How to Stay Agile and Increase Momentum for Growth (Episode 71)
- Guest Judith E. Glaser, author of “Conversational Intelligence”: The Keys to Building More Powerful Collaboration (Episode 61)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for episode 91.