How can we best respond to unprecedented changes in business and life?
Find out by downloading and listening- on-the-go to Episode 94. In this “book pairing” episode, Scott and I discuss two mindsets to increase success under any conditions. We build on this by discussing 2 complementary books that dig deeper on what these mindsets are and the research behind them.
In this episode, you’ll find out:
- The mindsets that are essential to recognize and respond to opportunities and overcome challenges
- Lessons from the books “Originals” by Adam Grant and “Grit” by Angela Duckworth
- Four immediately useful ideas to apply these concepts to yourself and your company
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions in companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read about Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World, by Adam Grant
- Read about Grit: The Power Of Passion And Perseverance, by Angela Duckworth
- Listen to related Growth Igniters Radio episodes:
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper Need to Pivot? Tap Into Your Organization’s Intelligence (Episode 93)
- Pam Harper & Scott Harper: Pam & Scott’s Book Pairing For Changing Your Game in the Evolving Digital Age (Episode 83)
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript for this episode.