Where could you find new opportunities for growth in the coming year?
Find out by listening- on-the-go to Episode 96. In our popular “book pairing” format, Scott and I discuss two complementary books that, taken together, could help you discover possibilities for growth based on evolving digital trends.
You’ll gain insights on:
- The Third Wave – Steve Case’s journey of leading the birth and dramatic growth of AOL, and his predictions about the rapidly emerging “Internet of Everything.”
- Rising Strong – Social scientist and TED Global speaker Brené Brown’s process for increasing our ability to take risks, fall, and persevere.
- Immediately useful ideas for blending concepts from these two books to chart and persist on your own growth journey.
[tweetthis]We need to recognize when to leave the status quo, and how we’ll play differently in the new world | @PamelaSHarper [/tweetthis]
Pamela S. Harper is the Founding Partner and CEO of Business Advancement Inc., a strategic growth advisory firm based in Glen Rock, NJ. For more than 20 years, Pam has applied her gift for finding the hidden opportunities in every situation to helping clients in entrepreneurial, mid-market, and Fortune 500 companies across 30 industries create hundreds of millions of dollars of value in both top and bottom line growth.
Prior to founding BAI, Pam skyrocketed into the ranks of management by taking a progressive series of newly created organizational development positions in companies ranging from mid-market to Fortune 500 across multiple industries, all undergoing dramatic change and growth.
Pam has been quoted in, featured in, or written articles for prominent business media including Business Week, Investor’s Business Daily, Chiefexecutive.net, CEO.com and other major media. Her book, Preventing Strategic Gridlock, has been used as a text in universities around the world.
D. Scott Harper, Ph.D., is Sr. Partner with Business Advancement Inc. Throughout his career Scott has devoted himself to understanding why things work the way they do, and how to apply those insights to create new value. Scott helps clients sift through complexity and take full advantage of opportunities by discovering the hidden side of everything.
Before joining BAI in 2010, Scott held a succession of increasingly accountable innovation positions in the consumer healthcare industry. Since then, he has been published and quoted in prominent business media outlets including Chief Executive Magazine, CEO.com, CEO World Magazine, and the IndUS Business Journal.
Resources for This Episode
- Read about Rising Strong by Brené Brown
- Read about The Third Wave: An Entrepreneur’s Vision of the Future, by Steve Case
- Download “5 Questions To Ask When You Need to Move Even Faster”
- Find out about senior executive’s surprising expectations and experiences of strategic alliances. Download our complementary study report, Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI
- Read about Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.