How can you harness the power of alliances to create a unique niche?
Download and Listen on-the-go to Episode 2 of 7, an encore of our conversation with Ben Gomes-Casseres where we discuss how you can redefine what’s possible in your industry and create a unique niche through developing teams of companies that form “alliance constellations.”
Ben is the author of the book Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press). He is an expert on business combinations, who has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. He is a Professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University. (Read more in Ben’s bio below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- How alliance constellations have the potential to exponentially increase competitive advantages in the rapidly changing business environment
- Why CEO and C-Suite leadership matters for alliance relationships, and how you can increase the ROI of alliance constellations by applying the “three laws of business combinations”
- Immediately useful ideas for applying these laws to shape and lead your own constellations of strategic alliances
About Ben Gomes-Casseres
Ben Gomes-Casseres has been studying, teaching, and consulting on the strategy of business combinations for thirty years. His newest book is Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations (Harvard Business Review Press, 2015). Ben is a professor at the International Business School, Brandeis University (since 1995) and previously was a professor at Harvard Business School (1985-1995). Prior to that, he was an economist at the World Bank.
Ben has published five books and many academic and managerial articles. He speaks for and consults widely with companies seeking to create value from external resources and to improve the way they manage business partnerships. He holds degrees from Harvard, Princeton, and Brandeis. A native of Curaçao, he speaks four languages. Read More about Ben Gomes-Casseres
Resources for This Episode
- Listen to our conversation with Ben Gomes-Casseres in Episode 91: Creating New Value Through Remix Strategy
- Read about Ben’s book — Remix Strategy: The Three Laws of Business Combinations
- Read about The Three Laws of Business Combinations — An Excerpt from “Remix Strategy”
- Read Ben’s blog: Why Your Partnership Contract Is Too Important to Be Left to the Lawyers
- Find out about senior executive’s surprising expectations and experiences of strategic alliances. Download our free study report: Building POWERFUL Strategic Alliances: How Companies of All Sizes Can Increase Their ROI
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.