Episode 5 of 7 / Special Series: Ignite Momentum for a Game-Changing 2019
What are the myths and realities about being an authentic leader, and how do they impact success? Listen on-the-go to our conversation with Dr. Karissa Thacker, author of the best-selling book The Art of Authenticity. She is often quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, MSNBC, and many other major outlets. (see more about Karissa below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- The paradox that fuels common myths about vision
- How mutual authenticity between leaders and stakeholders increases everyone’s success
- Three immediately useful ideas for leading authentically
About Karissa Thacker
Dr. Karissa Thacker is founder and president of Strategic Performance Solutions Inc., a management training and consulting firm dedicated to elevating people to reach their highest potential and career satisfaction. She is also the author of The Art of Authenticity, a guidebook on how to transform your career by tapping into your authentic self.
Karissa earned her doctorate in psychology from Spalding University and later served as a researcher with General Mills in the strategic growth arena. She is often quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Forbes, MSNBC, and many other major outlets, and is a sought-after authority on the subject of authentic leadership. Her articles have appeared in the Harvard Business Review, Business News Daily, and elsewhere. Read More about Dr. Karissa Thacker
Resources for This Episode
- Find out more about Karissa Thacker’s book, The Art of Authenticity
- Take the Self Monitoring Scale Assessment as discussed in our conversation
- Request our complimentary Harper Report: How To Take Control of the “Elephant in the Room”
Open a Conversation With Us
Contact us with your questions and suggestions for Growth Igniters Radio.
Read the Episode 119 Transcript
For your convenience, we’ve transcribed this conversation, with minor edits for written clarity. Read the transcript.