Are you like many of the visionary top leaders we speak with who have made business innovation a top priority in the constantly changing world? If so, you know how important it is to keep finding new ways to think more expansively, creatively, and collaboratively as a C-Suite team.
In this week’s episode, we speak with Cliff Goldmacher, a GRAMMY-recognized, #1 hit songwriter, keynote speaker, and author. We discuss how songwriting can help business leaders increase creativity for business innovation. For the past eight years, Cliff has been helping business teams and organizations innovate, enhance their creativity, and solve problems by teaching them to write songs.
Cliff’s book, The Reason For The Rhymes: Mastering The Seven Essential Skills of Innovation by Learning to Write Songs, encapsulates the principles of his workshops. His clients include Deloitte, Bank of America, IDEO, the ATD, and Vanderbilt’s Owen Graduate School of Management.
Taking a team of executives through songwriting helps open their minds and build creative confidence. | Cliff Goldmacher
This week on Growth Igniters® Radio, we discuss:
- How Cliff built on his track record as a hit songwriter to help business leaders increase creativity
- Cliff shares what it means to “balance story and emotion” by performing part of the #1 hit song, “Till You Come to Me”, that he co-wrote with Spencer Day. (a link to the full song performed by Spencer Day is available under Resources)
- How Cliff’s songwriting process increased the creative confidence of a C-Suite team
- Immediately useful ideas for using the principles of songwriting to increase your team’s creative confidence for business innovation
Resources for This Episode
- Read more about Cliff Goldmacher and connect with him on LinkedIn
- Download Cliff’s tip sheet, “Five Daily MicroCreativity Exercises“
- Watch Cliff’s TEDx talk, “Some Things I’ve Learned about Songwriting in 25 Years“
- Listen to Spencer Day sing the full version of the #1 Hit he wrote with Cliff, “Till You Come To Me“
- Visit PamHarperSpeaks.com to find out more about her new keynote “Break Orbit: Leading for Long-Term Growth in a Short-Term World”
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Thanks for listening to Growth Igniters® Radio. If you enjoyed this episode, spread the good word! Just leave a quick review wherever you get your podcasts and share on LinkedIn or Facebook.