In our increasingly complex business and societal environment, employee stakeholder activism continues to rise. Numerous studies show that CEOs are under increasing pressure to take a public stand and engage in the conversation.
Perhaps you’re considering how you are going to address this issue in the New Year and beyond.
That’s why we’re featuring this Fan Favorite episode. We speak with Amy Showalter, a grassroots and Political Action Committee influence expert, about how to acknowledge differences and maintain civil discourse about sensitive social and political issues inside and outside the workplace.
Amy is the Founder of The Showalter Group and author of the book, The Underdog Edge: How Everyday People Change the Minds of the Powerful. . . and Live to Tell About It. She is also a columnist for Bloomberg Government and Lobbyblog.com. Over 500 media outlets have featured her insight. This includes The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Politico, CNN Money.com, Foxnews.com, and CNBC.com. (read more about Amy Showalter below).
You’ll gain insights on:
- The dynamics driving the growing trends of employee stakeholder activism
- Why top leaders leaders need to actively navigate stakeholders’ concerns about sensitive social and political issues
- The right way and wrong way for CEOs and other top leaders to encourage social/political conversations among employee stakeholders
- Immediately useful ideas for encouraging civil discourse among employee stakeholders with competing social and political opinions
About Amy Showalter
Amy Showalter is an expert in grass roots and Political Action Committee influence and the Founder of The Showalter Group, which helps associations and corporations increase their grassroots and PAC effectiveness. As an expert in political influence, Amy has galvanized thousands of grassroots evangelists and staff for her clients who want to advance their cause politically. She has served as a faculty member at the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for Organization Management, and as a guest lecturer at George Washington University’s Graduate School of Political Management.
Amy’s insights have been featured in over 500 media outlets, including the Washington Times, Politico.com, Fox News.com, CNBC.com, Forbes, Bloomberg Government, Lobbyblog.com, Roll Call, The Hill, and the Baltimore Sun, to name just a few. She is a regular blogger Bloomberg Government, and was engaged by Forbes for several years to write her “Politicking the Bottom Line” column for Forbes.com. She is also the author of the book, The Underdog Edge: How Everyday People Change the Minds of the Powerful. . . and Live to Tell About It. Learn more about Amy Showalter
Resources for This Episode
- Listen to the Engagement Edge Podcast with Amy Showalter
- Download a sample chapter from Amy’s book, “The Underdog Edge”
- Visit PamHarperSpeaks.com to find out more about Pam’s insights on game-changing leadership in her new keynote “How Growth Igniters® Lead for Tomorrow, Starting Today”
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Growth Igniters Radio. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.