As we head toward the New Year, futurist Gail Bower joins us to share a leadership trend about making a lasting impact on social and environmental issues. She is an author, professional adviser, and the founder and President of Bower & Co. Consulting LLC. Her strategy firm works with mission-driven organizations to leverage their social and environmental impact goals to become profitable, trusted and beloved brands. Gail has been interviewed about her work by the New York Times, The Wall St. Journal, Marketplace, and other media.
We discuss the role of business leaders in ensuring that their company’s contributions toward social and environmental causes have a lasting impact. She explains where her passion for sustainability started, and shares how organizations can use their core values to bring strategic focus to their philanthropic efforts. She provides examples of companies that are leading the way in social and environmental sustainability. Gail also shares how leveraging core values can lead to more effective partnering relationships with customers and non-profit organizations that contribute to your communities and society as a whole.
The social and environmental impact you want your company to make also needs to align with who you are as a business, who you are as a brand, and with your strategic goals.
– Gail Bower
This week on Growth Igniters Radio:
- The story behind Gail Bower’s passion for promoting positive social and environmental impact
- Why companies should take a strategic approach to creating a lasting impact on social and environmental issues
- Identifying the core values that drive your social and environmental mission
- Examples of companies that have great socio-environmental strategies
- The role of top leadership in shaping strategies and organizations that create a lasting socio-environmental impact
- How creating for-profit / nonprofit partnerships can help bring your social and environmental mission to life
- Three immediately useful ideas for leading your company to make a lasting impact on social and environmental issues
Question to discuss with your team:
What can we do to create and begin to leverage an approach that can make a lasting impact on social and environmental issues?
- Gail Bower’s special gift for Growth igniters® Radio listeners
- Learn more about Pam’s keynote address at Pam Harper Speaks
Connect with Gail Bower:
- Gail Bower’s Official Website
- Book: How to Jump-start Your Sponsorship Strategy in Tough Times
- Gail Bower on LinkedIn
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Growth Igniters Radio. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.