We all deal with ambiguity in so many situations. Consider the sign pictured here, which appeared in our neighborhood a little while ago. What would you do if you were a bus driver — would you turn left or would you drive straight ahead, or would you respond in some other way? Decisions are not always easy when the signs are not clear.
And of course, in business, ambiguity is also part of everyday life, whether you’re dealing changing global agreements, tariffs, trade wars, workforce change, or environmental issues. Ambiguity can make it even more difficult to make high-stakes, game-changing, go-big-or-go-home decisions for business growth.
In this episode, we share what we’ve learned about the keys of leading to make game-changing decisions in the face of ambiguity. We explain why ambiguity makes decision-making difficult and describe one fundamental element of what we’ve identified as “The Three Growth Igniters® Paradoxes.” We share the story of how helped a visionary company facing major ambiguity significantly accelerate momentum for growth. We also outline three practical ideas to help business leaders promote a culture that fosters open conversations.
The greater the ambiguity, the more important it is to seek out and embrace a variety of viewpoints
— Pam Harper
This week on Growth Igniters Radio:
- How a wide range of viewpoints can help you lead a bold vision in the face of ambiguity
- Why key decision-makers often have conflicting opinions when faced with ambiguity
- The Growth Igniters® Paradoxes
- The key to creating an environment that fosters open conversations
- Positively reinforcing open conversations that can lead to faster, more effective decisions
- How leaders who are “stars” shape open conversations in the informal culture
- Take a closer look at our photo of the ambiguous “bus detour” sign
- Learn more about Pam’s keynote address at Pam Harper Speaks
Accelerate to YOUR Next Level of Success
Please spread the word if you enjoyed this episode of Growth Igniters® Radio. Subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.